Thursday 9 February 2012

Arno Rafael Minkkinen


This is some of Arno Rafael Minkkinen work, it is related in a way to Bill Brandts work with a body part in it and then a landscape in the background, this is the style of photography that i will be trying to immitate. Here are some examples of his work.




I really like Arno Rafael Minkkinen work i think it is very clever and effective, i will try and get the same results with my photography work. I will also change my work into black and white as i think that this style of photography looks so much beter when in B&W.


I especially like this photo because he has perfectly captured everything in focus with a strange view of his legs and feet, almost like he is flying. It is also an amazing landscape in the background.



Here is a picture of Arno Rafael Minkkinen that i have edited myself in Photoshop, i tried to get the effect that he was tearing the buildings appart.

First i cut out the two layers on either side, then i moved them slightly towards the edge of the photo. I then used the smudge tool to blend the two buildings and hands into the rest of the photo. It created a blurred effect that gave the phoo great movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment