Tuesday 24 April 2012

Final Piece and Evaluation

Final Piece
This is my final piece I have decided on this because it relates best to my recent work looking at miniature style photography and I think that it is the best example of what I have created in trying to make it look not real and that it is a model. I got this idea from browsing the internet when I came across some of Kriss Kros's photos on the internet. I was amazed at how unrealistic they look and i wanted to have as go myself at creating something that is real but looks so fake. In this photo I have left most of it blurred and then unblurred certain areas like the sunbed and umbrella which look like litlle props in a model village. I also unblurred a building to the left of the photo, and the trunks of the palm trees.

Evaluation

My first reaction to the encounters, experiences and meetings task was to go out and photograph meetings between two different things in landscape photography. For example the meeting of the sea with the horizon or the sea with the beach or the nclouds with the sky. But I soon found that this idea was not the best and was very repetative and boring in some circumstances.
I started of by researching different ideas and getting ideas and inspiration from other photographers work. I looked a bit at Bill Brandt's work, were he would have a landscape in the background and then a body part close up in the front of the image. Bill Brandts work in the 1900's on the east sussex coast was what I was specifically looking at. After getting an idea of his style of photography I went out and did a shoot were there were hands in the front of the picture pointing at something with the landscape of the sea in the background. Here is an example-
After looking ar Bill Brandts work and doing a shoot in poole I explored other photographers that take pictures in a similar style, one of these was Arno Rafael Minkkinen. Then I did a few shoots in the Ringwood and hightown area of landscapes. Also I did alot of editing of these photos, creating different effects with saturation and B&W.

No comments:

Post a Comment